the Ridler Report
“The Ridler Report is the world’s leading source of insight into current and future trends in executive coaching. I find that the report is a perfect mix of research and practice. The report’s survey data highlights strategic trends in the use of executive coaching and practical case examples bring this data to life. I recommend the Ridler Report as a must read for senior learning and development and talent professionals around the world.”
-Doug Ready, President, ICEDR (International Consortium for Executive Development Research)
Ridler & Co is committed to understanding and sharing with the market place the evolving needs of organisational sponsors of executive coaching.
The Ridler Report analyses strategic trends in the use of coaching, using data exclusively from organisational sponsors of coaching (rather than coaching providers). It is an internationally reputed research project which is widely recognised for its influence in shaping the future direction of coaching in organisations.
The Ridler Report research programme is led by Ridler & Co, the London-based executive coaching practice.
105 organisations participated in the 6th Ridler Report, including Accenture, Allen & Overy, Baker & McKenzie, Baker Tilly, BBC, Bloomberg, BNP Paribas, Cancer Research, CBRE, Coca Cola Icecek, Deloitte, E.ON, Euroclear, EY, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, GlaxoSmithKline, Grant Thornton, Hogan Lovells, Home Office, John Lewis Partnership, Johnson Matthey, KPMG, Linklaters, Lloyds Banking Group, Manpower, Marks & Spencer, Microsoft, Nestlé, Network Rail, News UK, NHS, PwC, Qantas, RBS, Santander, Save the Children, ScottishPower, Société Générale, Standard Chartered Bank and TNT.
‘The Ridler Report is the voice of organisational sponsors of coaching and provides an invaluable guide to the evolving pattern of coaching practice in large organisations.”
Professor David Megginson, Joint Founder and Ambassador, European Mentoring and Coaching Council.
What makes the Ridler Report distinctive is its:
- Focus on analysing data from hundreds of sponsors of coaching in leading organisations. The Ridler Report is (as far as we know) the only ongoing coaching research programme which reports data and views exclusively from organisations using coaching (not from external coaches or coach training organisations).
- High quality and insightful analysis. The report is researched by experienced coaching specialists.
- The clarity with which its findings are presented. The report is written in plain jargon-free English, making it easy for busy executives to understand its key conclusions quickly.
- Revealing case studies which are carefully selected to illustrate best practice and innovative uses of executive coaching
Ridler & Co continues to invest heavily in the Ridler Report, aiming to strengthen further the research’s position as an indispensable global resource for organisational sponsors of coaching and for the broader coaching profession.
Examples of the way Ridler & Co has invested in the report include:
- Expanding the scale of the research to include a larger number of questions in the survey and a larger number of case studies (there are 7 case studies)
- Committing an ever increasing proportion of Ridler & Co directors’ time to the project
- Employing a dedicated project manager
- Investing in the report’s IT infrastructure to give greater functionality and increase the flexibility to analyse the data across a number of dimensions
- Expanding the scope of the research methodology to include four focus groups
The latest Ridler Report, published in October 2015, is the 6th report and the second time Ridler & Co has worked in collaboration with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council UK, one of the leading professional coaching bodies.
Clive Mann, Managing Director of Ridler & Co, continues to lead the research as Editor of the Ridler Report and Chairman of the Ridler Report Executive Board which consists of Clive Mann, Laura Taylor and Caroline Horner of Ridler & Co and Chris Jackson, President, EMCC UK 2013-15.
The report is sponsored by E.ON (headline sponsor) and the sponsors of the four core research themes (coaching evaluation, setting up coaching for success in organisations, team coaching and internal coaching) GSK, Hogan Lovells, Network Rail and News UK respectively. We are very grateful to these organisations for their support.
Professor David Gray of University of Greenwich, the leading international expert in research methodology and author of the highly respected and referenced book ‘Doing Research in the Real World’, has provided valuable consultancy advice to the Ridler Report Executive Board on the report’s research methodology, to ensure continuing high levels of rigour in the research methodology used, at the same time expanding the range of research methods to include extensive use of focus groups.
The research coverage of the 6th Ridler Report includes the four core research areas – coaching evaluation, setting up coaching for success in organisations, team coaching and internal coaching – and a range of other topical areas in coaching, including definition of coaching, perceptions of executive coaching, accreditation, chemistry meetings, supervision, group coaching, coaching culture, the organisation’s role in coaching assignments, coachee objectives, external coaching fee levels and coaching via remote delivery channels.
The 6th Ridler Report will include a comprehensive analysis of the survey data as well as up to six case studies illustrating innovative and best practice use of coaching in leading organisations.
In order to finance the increasing scale of the Ridler Report as a project and ensure continued investment in the research beyond 2015, there will be a charge for the 6th Ridler Report, as follows:
- Academic institutions: £75 + VAT per copy
- Charities: £35 + VAT per copy
- Public sector organisations: £75 + VAT per copy
- Commercial organisations: £325 + VAT for the first copy, then £75 + VAT for each subsequent copy
- Independent coaching professionals (sole operator) £75 + VAT per copy
- Private individuals: £75 + VAT per copy
There will be significant discounts for orders of 6 or more copies of the report – for further details please email: email@example.com
The 6th Ridler Report will be published in October 2015 and available to purchase on this website.
If you have any enquiries about the Ridler Report please contact Laura Taylor, a director of Ridler & Co, on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 7112 6750.